The project has received significant financial contribution from the European Commission’s LIFE programme and also has the following co-financiers:
Directorate-General of Environmental Policy and Natural Habitats – Department of Territory and Sustainability – Generalitat de Catalunya
Among the competency of the Directorate-General of Environmental Policy and Natural Habitats are the following:
- To promote the sustainable development of Catalonia and the incorporation of international and European sustainable development objectives and criterion.
- To develop strategic planning, guidelines and policy proposals on biodiversity and natural environment policies, together with their evaluation and monitoring.
- To design, direct, plan and manage the system of protected natural spaces in Catalonia; to develop and process planning and integral management instruments for these spaces, for ecological connectivity, and for the protection of habitats, species and geological heritage.
- To foster the protection of land in Catalonia.
Directorate-General of Forest Ecosystems and Environmental Management – DARP – Generalitat de Catalunya
Among the functions of the Directorate-General of Forest Ecosystems and Environmental Management are the following:
- To develop guidelines related to the conservation, protection and management of forest heritage, and to assume responsibility, where necessary, for the restoration and improvement of ecosystems of Catalonia.
- To approve improvement plans for the development of forestry activity, and to strengthen forest management and the sustainable use of forest resources.
- To draw up proposals for regulations on forest management.
- To formulate plans and activities aimed at environmental education and training, within the scope of the Directorate-General.
- To exercise adequate representation before State Public Administration and, as coordinated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, before the institutions of the European Union and international organisations.